I’m a little weirded out when it comes to receiving awards. I’m never really sure what to say or how to say it without sounding weird or sappy. But for the sake of the lovely ladies that took the time to nominate me for the following awards, I say, “Thank you”, and I think you’re pretty awesome, too!
These are three blog awards handed to me by the super lovely Gina from Party of Eight Our Story (Liebster) and Stacy from Stacy Sews and Schools (Inspiring/Epic Awesomeness). I think it’s a really wonderful idea to take the time to support other bloggers in the crafting community, particularly smaller blogs that are trying to get the word out. I am honored.
So, here’s how it works. I share some things about me that you might not know, and then I nominate other bloggers for the award and pass on the love.
Okay, so here goes:
- I’m an only child, but I have a truckload of kids. (One has nothing to do with the other. I’m truly honored to be a mom of “many” and wouldn’t have it any other way.)
- I won a partial dance scholarship to dance in New York when I was 13. (Not New York City, Geneva, but it was all the same to me.)
- I was in a MC Hammer video back in the 90s (I’ll NEVER tell which one. Only my closest friends know, and if you’re reading this, DON’T you dare leave it in the comments. )
- If I could be a vegetable, it would be a zucchini (Ha! Ha! I don’t know where that one came from)
- I’m a singer and songwriter, but I don’t play an instrument.
- I spent a part of my childhood in Alaska. (I only remember snow, live crabs on my back porch, & getting bit by a German shepherd.)
- I’d love to live (or work) in Spain.
- I thank GOD every day for second chances.
Not much, but now you know a little bit more about me than you did yesterday .
I have tons of blogs in my reader, and I think they’re all fantastic. It was a challenge narrowing them down for the awards, so I tried to select blogs that I’ve stumbled upon fairly recently. Truthfully, I find out about most of your blogs when you leave me a comment. So, leave me a comment and let me know where you are so I can put you in my reader and stop by for a visit. Here are some of my favorite blog hangouts in no particular order:
(Stop by their site to say, “Hi”. I’m sure they’d appreciate it.)
In the spirit of sharing, here’s me singing the “Night Night Song” to my 5-year-old. He’s the only one out of all of my kids that falls asleep to lullabies. In the video, it’s NOT bedtime, but it’s so funny how he starts to doze off and then ask silly questions (about our dog Jax) to wake himself up. I call singing his “sleepy juice”. (If you’re viewing this by email, you’ll have to click on the title above to see the video.)