Have you ever felt like this? Do you feel like this now?
I hope your Monday is off to a fantastic start, but just in case you have a little left over sludge from the weekend, or last week, or even last year, I’d like to send a little bit of encouragement your way. I know I’m not there with you in person (just think of me as your virtual big sister or little sister :)), but if I were there, I would gently place my hands on your shoulders, look you square in the eyes and tell you this:
- Our circumstances will never be perfect, so, take a deep breath and let the need for “perfection” go.
- Each day is another chance, another opportunity for change. Don’t hold on to yesterday’s mistakes and bad choices. They’ll only drag you down and keep you from stepping into a better future.
- You cannot control other people. You can only control yourself. Expend your energy on becoming the person that you want to be. Trust me, life is too short to waste brain cells trying to force someone to see things your way. They’ll only resent you for it. Work on making yourself whole. Others will either get it or they’ll walk away.
- Remember that no one is better than you. No one (Who told you that anyway?). You deserve respect just as much as the next person. Don’t just treat others the way you want to be treated. Treat yourself the way you want to be treated first.
- You know that “Rome wasn’t built in a day”, so don’t expect that of your life. Keeping your eye on the destination is fine, but it’s the journey that makes us strong. Just put one foot in front of the other until you get to where you want to be.
- Don’t be so hard on yourself. You’re only one person.
- Take it lightly, and enjoy TODAY!
I hope this puts a little pep in your step and a little hop in your bop (Ha! Ha! Today is rhyming day.)
Have a wonderful week. (And, take some time out for yourself)
Keep doin’ what you love!
[yellow_box]Motivation Mondays is a series that I started to share encouragement with moms. I use my past struggles as well as triumphs as a backdrop for my writing in the hope that just as others have helped me along the way, my readers will find something beneficial to carry along with them throughout their week. I believe that community is important as well as honesty and transparency. Feel free to send me a PM at littlekidsgrow (a) gmail (dot) com. My welcome mat is always at the door.[/yellow_box]