Happy Labor Day (to my US neighbors) :-)!
Today, of course, is Motivation Mondays. How’s your Monday going so far? Mine is looking pretty fantastic right now. I have my feet kicked up, and I’m not putting them back down until duty calls tomorrow morning (Ha!Ha!)
I’ve been thinking a lot about Motivation Mondays. The idea behind this theme has always been to motivate moms to continue growing and thriving. Like many of you, I see motherhood as a precious gift, but also, without a doubt, one of the hardest things that I’ve ever done in my life. It’s not the physical aspect of it that’s so challenging for me (unless I count when my kids were toddlers— exhausting!) It’s more of a mental and emotional weight. I know that my kids are watching me, and at some point they will emulate what they see. Sometimes, this is a tough one for me to face because I know I don’t always get it right. Motherhood by its very nature is a trial by fire. In other words, you really can’t prepare for it. You just have to experience it.
The wonderful thing about motherhood is that we are not alone. Once you become a mother, you automatically join a sisterhood of women who started off just like you. Regardless of background, age, race, religion, etc., we all have one thing in common— a precious heart (or hearts) has been placed in our hands for a small moment in time, and it is our responsibility to hold that heart close to our own and guide it in the right direction.
With all of this in mind, I’m adding a new series to Motivation Mondays called MomsKnowMoms, and I want you to be a part of it. I’ll be doing a series of interviews with my super fantastic mommy readers. (Yes, that means you!) I believe in my heart that everyone’s experiences are different, so everyone can add to the knowledge pool. The only requirement for this particular series is that you be a mom and be willing to share. I’m not looking for “perfect moms”. I’m looking for real moms who don’t mind sharing a little bit about themselves and their experiences in a positive way. And who knows, you may get some new blog readers and cyber friends in the process.
Here’s how it will work.
1. Copy and paste the preliminary questions below and your answers into an email, and send them to me at littlekidsgrow (a) gmail.com. (These are just some general questions for me to get to know you a bit.) Please include your website link if you have one, so that I can stop by and say, “HI”.
- What is your name?
- Are you a mom? If so, how many children do you have? Boys? Girls?
- What age range does your child or children fall between? (0-3 yrs, 4-6yrs, 7-12yrs, 13yrs and up)
- Do yo sew? Craft?
- Do you have a website, etsy shop, or Flickr page that you’d like to share? If so, please give the url(s).
2. Once I have your answers, I’ll come up with 7-10 interview questions for you. You can answer them all if you like or pick and choose.
3. Send your answers back to me with your lovely picture, and I’ll share our interview on one of our Motivation Monday: MomsKnowMoms segments.
Oh, and the interview goes both ways. If you have any questions for me, feel free to send me an email or leave a comment. I’ll put all of your questions together and answer them in a MomsKnowMoms segment.
And, that’s it!
Some of you have already signed on for this project, so here’s a big THANK YOU and HUG in advance.
I’m looking forward to meeting all of you.
Keep doin’ what you love!
[yellow_box]Motivation Mondays is a series that I started to share encouragement with moms. I use my past struggles as well as triumphs as a backdrop for my writing in the hope that just as others have helped me along the way, my readers will find something beneficial to carry along with them throughout their week. I believe that community is important as well as honesty and transparency. Feel free to send me a PM at littlekidsgrow (a) gmail (dot) com. My welcome mat is always at the door.[/yellow_box]